Before you sign up for your official Ohio Wing email address and start exploring the features of your Google Apps account, let's take a moment to briefly review what your Google Apps account is and how you can use it. As a reminder, your Google Apps account is property of Ohio Wing, Civil Air Patrol. If you allow your membership to expire for a period greater than 90 days, your account will be automatically deleted.
Wing E-mail -- http://mail.ohwg.cap.gov
Wing Calendar -- http://calendar.ohwg.cap.gov
- The "cornerstone" of your new Google Apps account is your official email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Easy setup with popular email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, X-Mail, and many others.
- Most modern cell phones are capable of retrieving your Ohio Wing Email!
- E-mail "groups"
- Email distribution lists without the hassle of list maintenence!
- Group "owners" (probably a squadron commander or deputy) can send a message to email@example.com to distribute important an important announcement, where ### is your unit charter number.
- Keep using your old email address.
- Using your official CAP email address is important when communicating outside of our organization. However, you may opt to have all of your CAP email forwarded to the personal address you already know and love.
Wing Sites -- http://sites.ohwg.cap.gov
- Quickly publish your squadron's upcoming events to the world-wide web.
- Schedule a staff meeting, send out event invites, and easily attach your meeting agenda. Google Apps keeps track of your RSVPs and can even send out reminders.
- Integrates seamlessly with your Outlook calendar through the Outlook Plugin!
Wing Documents -- http://docs.ohwg.cap.gov
- Great for simple unit websites. Let your community know what your unit is up to!
- Even better for sharing information privately with those you choose. Uses could include:
- Cadet Advisory Council.
- SAREX & GSAR planning.
- Distributing unit files.
- Encampment staff training.
- This web page was created using the Sites service!
- Create, share, and publish forms, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Collaborate in real-time.
- Great for:
- Event planning.
- Maintaining a unit address book.